There are literally hundreds of fun and engaging ways to promote your fitness center. If you search online, there is no shortage of marketing ideas. Nevertheless, while internet marketing makes it easy to reach your target audience, you need ideas that actually get people in the door. At some point, amid all the blogging and video content, you must make a compelling offer that will appeal to your target. With this in mind, today’s article shares some of the best gym promotion ideas that will help increase memberships and boost your revenue.
Creative Promotions for Your Fitness Center
1. “Bring a Friend” Referral Program – How much is a new membership worth to your bottom line? The best form of marketing is word-of-mouth or referral marketing. So, give your members a little incentive for bringing in a friend. For every new member, offer a free class or a free month membership.
2. Flash Promotions – Consider running a promotion for the first x-number of people who visit your gym on a certain day. You want to avoid discounting your actual membership fees. A better option is giving a free month, class, or personal training session. The idea is to get people off your website’s blog or YouTube channel and into your fitness center.
3. Free One-Week Pass – On your website, are you making use of landing pages? These web pages are uniquely designed and optimized to capture lead information by making a special offer. This allows you to market to your leads more directly. Offering a free one-week pass gives you an opportunity to sell a membership, but, even if they don’t, you will be able to directly market to the lead with personalized content.
4. Free One-Month Gift Pass – Before doing business with any company, people are going online and reading reviews. Moreover, increasing the number of positive reviews on Google and Yelp will help you rank better in searches. Consider offering members a free one-month gift pass, that they can give away to friends and family, when they write a new review. You will improve your online exposure and gain one new potential member in the door.
5. Charitable Donations – We have all seen marketing campaigns where a company links their sales to making a charitable donation. Cause marketing can take many forms. However, as a fitness center, you can link your charitable giving to a weight loss challenge. This will not only help motivate members to reach their goals, but it will attract new members in the door.
Do you have questions? What haven’t we covered yet that is important to you? If you would like to talk about more creative fitness center promotions to grow memberships, or a related topic, please contact us