In today’s world, fitness center owners need all the help they can get to break through the noise and get noticed. Don’t you agree? Fitness center marketing is key. But, what is the best approach? For many, the first thought is expensive advertising and marketing campaigns. While this is often a good investment, things can start to get a little pricey. Therefore, it is a good idea to balance out your efforts by incorporating effective strategies that are inexpensive or even free.
If you have a limited marketing budget, you have nothing to worry about. There are many fitness marketing strategies that will not break the bank. Today’s article lists five strategies that will help you stretch a dollar.
Fitness Center Marketing Ideas
1. Increase Visibility – Joining the local business association is a great way to increase your visibility and name recognition. Also, consider donating time to large local charities and fundraising events. You will be surprised how much attention this will attract.
2. Public Relations – Reaching out to journalists is one of the oldest tricks in the book. That said, the demands for local columnists to produce new, fresh content has never been higher. Pick a great human interest story and spin your business activity.
3. Become a Social Networker – Fitness centers are ideal for social media marketing. Users on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and Instagram love fitness pictures, videos, tips, and advice. You can start with a do-it-yourself approach, and then upgrade to professional SMM as you grow.
4. Reward Customers – A referral program is a great way to encourage word-of-mouth marketing. Offer incentives for referrals. This can be things like a discount, free promotional items, or sweepstakes entries.
5. Meet-up Events – There are many small groups in your community looking for a venue to hold meet-ups. It could be anything from a book club to a support group. Providing a free space is a great way to get new people in the door.
What haven’t we covered yet that is important to you? If you would like to talk about free and inexpensive fitness center marketing ideas, or related topics, please contact us.