You would likely rather have your team speaking to potential customers that sitting through a gym sales training session. However, not every person has a “sales personality” that will allow them to smoothly and effectively deal with potential customers. For many, it is a skill developed only with time and practice. Your gym sales team not only needs to sell your services and products, but also overcome economic forces, market conditions, and the competition. Gym sales training will help your team succeed and increase confidence.
The Value of Gym Sales Training
1. Improved Communication – Many gym salespeople love talking to people. However, that does not mean they have the well-developed communication skills needed to close the sale. Effective gym sales require active listening, and the ability to truly understand the desires and goals of a potential customer. If you ask the right questions, you will receive the information you need to provide customers with the solutions they want.
2. Sales Methodology – Gym sales training can teach your team the proven and successful step-by-step methods of winning. Rather than just improvising, your staff will stay on track with a presentation. Moreover, gym sales training will teach multiple closing strategies and techniques. Your team member should know how to read a consumer’s signals, and almost instinctively know when a person is ready to buy.
3. Product Knowledge – Whether it is gym memberships, personal training sessions, or fitness classes, your team must know your own products and what is offered by your competitors. A gym sales training program is an opportunity to educate your staff. The information must provide complete details, in an explicit and straightforward manner. This is the only way to properly represent your organization.
4. Aligning Solutions to Customer Needs – Identifying a potential customer’s needs and goals, and then providing solutions that properly fit, is the foundation of all sales within all industries. What does this person want to get out of their gym membership? What type of membership, personal training, and classes will help them reach their specific goals?
5. Overcoming Objections – This is the name of the game, and overcoming objections are a fundamental part of the sales process. A poorly trained team member may start agreeing with an objection and stop selling. They must learn to expect and anticipate objections and have the techniques to overcome them. Gym sales training will work and develop these skills.
6. Ensure Ethics – Your sales team is under a lot of pressure to perform and meet their goals. The stress can cause some employees to take risks that could compromise your gym’s reputation, values, and ethics. Gym sales training will help your staff understand the importance of ethical behavior and ensure that they will follow your values and protect your reputation.
What haven’t we covered yet that is important to you? If you would like to talk about the value of gym sales training, or a related topic, please contact us.