Are you ready to take your gym business to the next level? Imagine a scenario where both you and your potential corporate clients achieve your desired outcomes—a win-win situation. Welcome to the world of corporate sales programs for independent gyms, where everybody wins.
Why Does the Company Win?
When companies invest in corporate membership programs, they experience a multitude of benefits, leading to healthier and happier employees. Let’s explore the advantages from a corporate perspective:
- Reduced healthcare claims and related costs: As employees become more active and fit, healthcare expenses decrease, resulting in substantial cost savings for the company.
- Increased morale and productivity: Regular exercise promotes mental well-being, which positively impacts employee morale and boosts productivity levels. Happy employees are productive employees.
- Decreased absenteeism: Engaging in regular workouts and leading an active lifestyle reduces the likelihood of employees taking sick days or extended leaves of absence. This leads to increased efficiency and uninterrupted workflow.
- Reduced turnover: Employees who feel valued by their employers are more likely to stay with the company for the long haul. By offering corporate fitness programs, companies demonstrate their commitment to employee well-being, fostering loyalty and reducing turnover rates.
- Improved benefit package for employees: Corporate gym memberships add significant value to the benefits package, attracting and retaining top talent. It’s a perk that prospective employees find appealing, setting your company apart from competitors.
- The ability to attract new employees: In today’s competitive job market, offering attractive benefits can give your company a competitive edge in recruiting top-notch talent. A corporate gym membership program can serve as a compelling incentive for potential hires.
- Networking and entertainment opportunities: Corporate gyms provide a unique setting for networking and entertainment. Employees can connect with colleagues from other departments, fostering teamwork and camaraderie in a relaxed environment.
- Lower membership rates: By participating in a corporate membership program, all employees gain access to discounted membership rates. This financial incentive encourages greater employee engagement and participation.
Corporate Lead Generation
Generating leads is the cornerstone of any successful sales program, including corporate sales for gyms. Here are some effective methods for obtaining leads both inside and outside your club:
- Inside your member base: Your existing members are a goldmine of potential leads. Start by focusing on your member base, as they are already familiar with your club and its offerings. When completing paperwork for new members, gather information about the company they work for. Then, simply ask if their company provides any incentives for employees to stay in shape.
- Outside your club: Don’t limit your lead generation efforts to your immediate surroundings. Expand your reach by canvassing the area around your club, either by foot or car. Additionally, consider placing lead boxes in strategic locations, highlighting your corporate fitness program. Obtain lists of companies from local resources such as the Chamber of Commerce or City Hall. Keep an eye on local newspapers for companies experiencing growth or relocation.
- Utilize LinkedIn:
- Optimize your LinkedIn profile: Ensure that your LinkedIn profile reflects your gym’s brand image and highlights your corporate fitness program. Use a professional headshot, craft a compelling headline, and provide a concise yet engaging summary that showcases the unique benefits of your gym for corporate clients.
- Join relevant LinkedIn groups: Search for LinkedIn groups that cater to professionals in your local area or industry. Join these groups and actively participate by sharing valuable content, engaging in discussions, and offering insights related to corporate wellness and fitness. This will help you establish yourself as an industry expert and build connections with potential corporate clients.
- Use advanced search filters: LinkedIn offers robust search features that allow you to target specific industries, job titles, and geographic locations. Utilize these filters to identify decision-makers and key personnel within companies that align with your target market. Connect with them and personalize your outreach messages to demonstrate your genuine interest in their company’s well-being.
- Engage with relevant content: Regularly share informative and engaging content on your LinkedIn profile, such as articles, tips, and success stories related to corporate wellness and fitness. By providing valuable insights and establishing yourself as a thought leader, you can attract the attention of corporate professionals who may be interested in your gym’s services.
- Leverage LinkedIn ads: Consider utilizing LinkedIn’s advertising platform to target professionals in your local area or specific industries. You can create sponsored content or display ads that highlight the benefits of your corporate fitness program, driving traffic to your website or generating leads directly through the platform.
- Reach out and personalize your messages: Once you’ve identified potential leads on LinkedIn, send personalized messages to initiate conversations. Reference their company or role, express your interest in helping their employees lead a healthier lifestyle, and offer a solution tailored to their specific needs. Building genuine connections and demonstrating your understanding of their business challenges can significantly increase your chances of converting leads into corporate clients.
When reaching out to decision-makers, here’s an example script:
“Thank you for taking my call, Mr. Smith. As you already know, I was referred by Mary Johnson, one of your executives. The purpose of my call is to share ideas on how more of your employees can get involved in our club and lead a more active lifestyle. This can benefit your company greatly, and the best part is that there is no investment required from your company. Could you spare five minutes of your time so I can provide you with all the details?”
Opening an Account
Once you have identified a potential corporate client, it’s time to open an account. While face-to-face interactions are ideal, many times you’ll be handling account openings over the phone or online. Here are some key steps:
Setting an appointment: Always start by setting up a convenient time to discuss the corporate membership program in detail. Respect the decision-maker’s schedule and ensure that both parties have enough time for a comprehensive conversation.
Prepare a tailored proposal: Before the meeting, gather information about the company’s size, employee demographics, and specific wellness goals. Use this information to customize a proposal that highlights the benefits of your gym’s corporate membership program for their organization.
During the meeting: Begin by introducing yourself and reiterating the referral source, if applicable. Emphasize the positive impact of employee wellness on productivity, morale, and healthcare costs. Present the tailored proposal, showcasing how your gym can support their specific goals and objectives. Be prepared to answer any questions or concerns they may have.
Negotiate and finalize the agreement: If the decision-maker shows interest, discuss the pricing structure and available options. Be open to negotiations and flexible in finding a solution that meets their budget and preferences. Once an agreement is reached, ensure all necessary paperwork is completed accurately, and obtain the required signatures.
Onboarding and ongoing support: Once the agreement is finalized, provide a seamless onboarding experience for the company and its employees. Offer orientation sessions or virtual tours of the gym facilities. Provide marketing materials and resources to promote the corporate membership program internally. Regularly check in with the company’s contact person to address any questions or concerns and offer ongoing support.
Servicing the Corporate Account
To ensure a smooth and successful corporate account, consider implementing the following practices:
Dedicated account manager: Assign a dedicated account manager to each corporate account. This person will serve as the primary point of contact, responsible for addressing any inquiries, resolving issues, and providing ongoing support to the company and its employees.
Regular communication: Maintain regular communication with the corporate client to stay informed about their evolving needs and any changes within the organization. Proactively reach out to provide updates on new offerings, events, or promotions that may interest their employees.
Engagement initiatives: Develop engagement initiatives specifically tailored to the corporate account. This may include organizing wellness challenges, fitness workshops, or exclusive events for their employees. Consider offering on-site fitness classes or wellness seminars at their workplace, if feasible.
Usage reports: Provide periodic reports to the company showcasing the engagement levels and utilization of the corporate membership program. Highlight the positive impact on employee health and well-being, as well as any cost savings achieved.
Feedback and improvement: Actively seek feedback from the corporate client and their employees to identify areas for improvement. Use this feedback to enhance the program and tailor offerings to better align with their needs and preferences.
By implementing these strategies and providing exceptional service to your corporate clients, your gym can thrive in the competitive world of corporate sales. Remember, the key to success lies in fostering mutually beneficial partnerships that prioritize employee wellness and drive business growth.
Taking your gym business to the next level by implementing a corporate sales program requires careful planning, effective lead generation, and ongoing support for your corporate clients. While it may seem like a daunting task, Fitness Management & Consulting is here to help.
As a leading consulting firm in the fitness industry, Fitness Management & Consulting has the expertise and experience to guide you through the process of establishing and growing a successful corporate sales program. Our team of professionals can provide valuable insights, strategies, and resources to help you maximize the benefits of corporate memberships for both your gym and your corporate clients.
With our guidance, you can effectively showcase the advantages of corporate membership programs to potential clients, highlighting the positive impact on employee health, productivity, and company culture. We can assist you in developing tailored proposals, negotiating agreements, and providing ongoing support to ensure a seamless experience for your corporate clients.
Moreover, Fitness Management & Consulting can help you optimize your lead generation efforts, both within and outside your club. We can assist you in identifying potential leads among your existing member base and provide guidance on how to expand your reach and connect with decision-makers at local companies. Our expertise in sales and marketing can help you develop effective scripts, strategies, and promotional materials to attract corporate clients.
Furthermore, our consulting services extend beyond the initial setup. We can support you in servicing your corporate accounts by assigning dedicated account managers, facilitating regular communication, and implementing engagement initiatives. Our focus on data analysis and reporting can provide valuable insights into the effectiveness of your corporate membership program and help you continuously improve and tailor your offerings.
At Fitness Management & Consulting, we are committed to helping you succeed in the competitive world of corporate sales for independent gyms. Our comprehensive approach, industry knowledge, and proven strategies can empower you to take your gym business to new heights and create mutually beneficial partnerships with corporate clients.
Don’t navigate the corporate sales journey alone. Let Fitness Management & Consulting be your trusted partner in achieving your goals. Contact us today to learn how we can support you in establishing and growing a successful corporate sales program for your gym. Together, we can create a win-win situation where both your gym and your corporate clients thrive. Contact FMC here.
An Outsourced CEO and expert witness, Jim Thomas is the founder and president of Fitness Management USA Inc., a management consulting, turnaround, financing and brokerage firm specializing in the gym and sports industry. With more than 25 years of experience owning, operating and managing clubs of all sizes, Thomas lectures and delivers seminars, webinars and workshops across the globe on the practical skills required to successfully overcome obscurity, improve sales, build teamwork and market fitness programs and products. Visit his Web site at: www.fmconsulting.net or www.youtube.com/gymconsultant.