Gym Interview Guide
Applicant’s Name ________________________________________________
Interviewer’s Name _______________________________________________
Target Position _____________________ Date of Interview _______________
_____ Review application materials for past jobs/experiences which are most relevant to the interview. Start with oldest job/experience and work toward the present.
_____ The first interview should be no more than 40 minutes. Plan your questions accordingly.
Outline for Opening the Interview:
_____ Greet applicant, giving name and position.
_____ Explain purpose of the interview.
– Acquaint the interviewer and applicant.
– Help organization make fair decision.
– Help applicant understand organization/position.
_____ Describe interview plan.
– Brief review of past job/experiences.
– Questions to get specific information about those jobs/experiences.
– Information on organization and position
– Answer applicant’s questions about organization and position
– Both will benefit from using this plan
– Will be taking notes
Oral Communication Tolerance for Stress Decisiveness
Job Motivation Leadership Professional Competence
Work Standards Adaptability Planning/Organization
Attention to Detail Resilience Delegation
Initiative Judgment Staff Development
Scoring: 0 = Not Observed W = Weak 5 = Outstanding ‘fit”