If you are seeking fitness club help, one of your main challenges is attracting new members. There are, of course, other issues. You also want to improve retention rates for your existing members. However, before you can even think about member loyalty, you have to get people to sign up in the first place. Let’s look at some of the best ways to do this.
- Give away one-week passes. There are many types of fitness club promotions, such as 1-day passes and discounted memberships. 7 or even 10-day free memberships, however, give people a chance to experience a few workouts. This is often enough to hook people and get them to sign up.
- Hire dedicated trainers. It’s not enough to have trainers who are in great shape and who know the correct form for lots of exercises. It’s just as important that they’re service-oriented and good with people. Screen your trainers carefully and watch how they interact with clients.
- Ask members to complete surveys. While having members fill out surveys won’t immediately bring new clients, this is one of the best ways to learn exactly what people like and don’t like about your fitness club. Make these surveys anonymous as this is the best way to get honest replies.
- Motivate members to bring in friends. You can incentivize referrals by offering current members rewards for bringing their friends. You might offer free classes or a free month of membership. This is one of the most effective ways to encourage people to invite friends, family members, and co-workers to come in.
- Give discounts to corporations and organizations. Many companies today want to encourage employees to practice a fit lifestyle. Reach out to corporations and large organizations in your area and offer them deep discounts on memberships.
For more information on helping your fitness club succeed, please contact us.