Facebook Marketplace began as a place for users to buy and sell items similar to a garage sale. Since its introduction, Facebook Marketplace has gained popularity over the years. Since our world prefers online shopping over traditional stores, Facebook Marketplace has become a hot commodity among business owners.
The in-app platform allows anyone to post items—new or used—for sale, purchase, and shipment through Facebook. In the past, the majority of items sold were from individual sellers. As the individual side of Marketplace gained popularity, business owners have become keen on its benefits and potential.
Some benefits of using Facebook Marketplace as a business owner are:
- Exposure for your business and brand. Based on data from June 2021, 70% of Facebook users visit the app daily.
- A variety of marketing tools are available. The different tools for advertising help you discover ways to reach your target audience.
- Opportunity to provide a personal experience with customers. Communication using Facebook Marketplace takes place in Messenger. The conversations tend to be one-on-one and more personalized.
- It’s free to list your item for sale. It doesn’t cost anything to list an item, but as a business owner, Facebook has a fee that they will collect after you make the sale.
What Is Facebook Marketplace for Businesses?
Facebook Marketplace for business is only available in the Facebook app. Anyone who has an active Facebook profile can use Facebook Marketplace. If you choose to act as a shop or business, then you can use the additional features of Facebook Marketplace for business.
Facebook Marketplace is a free peer-to-peer selling platform. Even though businesses can sell to many users, they conduct transactions individually. Sellers organize Items for sale on Facebook Marketplace by categories and then location. Businesses can reach a larger customer base when properly tagging products.
How to Get Facebook Marketplace for My Business
To use Facebook Marketplace for your business, you need to have a Facebook account. If you don’t have an account, you can sign up for one. Once you have signed up, you can create a business or personal account and select the business marketplace icon to see Facebook Marketplace.
If you’re ready to start selling on Marketplace using your Facebook page, you’ll first need to list items for sale. You can use your Facebook account on a desktop and the mobile app. To list a new item for sale, open Marketplace and create a new listing. Choose the listing type: an item, a home or a vehicle for sale. Add photos and a detailed description. Set your price and delivery method. Finally, publish your listing.
Facebook Marketplace Features for Business Owners
Businesses have the opportunity to reach a larger audience using Facebook Marketplace and its array of features. Businesses such as car dealers, realtors, real estate agencies, retailers, craft artists, seamstresses, jewelry makers and more can use Facebook Marketplace to connect with customers who are interested in buying their products.
Facebook Marketplace offers business owners different tools associated with marketing and advertising like:
- Automated response tools such as chatbots or automatic replies to common questions
- Advertisement creation for use across multiple platforms such as Instagram and Messenger.
- Target objectives are available for selection during ad creation. Examples of objectives are traffic, lead generation, brand awareness, messages, conversations and store traffic.
Facebook Marketplace also allows customers to rate or score your business on being prompt in responding to messages. The app displays the rating badge on your business marketplace profile, making it visible to all customers who interact with you.
How Safe Is It To Sell on Facebook Marketplace?
Safety is a priority concern with Facebook, not just Marketplace. To ensure that Facebook Marketplace remains safe, there are rules and policies in place. You cannot sell certain items such as weapons, drugs, stolen goods, alcohol and digital media. Every item listed for sale must be a physical item and match its given description.
Selling on Facebook Marketplace is fairly safe. But both buyers and sellers should take precautions.
Beware of scammers
- Facebook does not control payment processing. It is the seller’s choice. Cash is still best.
- All communication takes place through Facebook Messenger. Even as a seller, you have the option to view someone’s profile. When arranging a local meeting place, meet in a public place. It’s best to meet during normal business hours.
Tips for Selling on Facebook Marketplace
Facebook has billions of users. You want to make sure that your business and product stand out from the crowd. Here are a few tips for selling on Facebook Marketplace.
- Research products others have sold. You want to know what customers are buying so you can decide if you need to create a supply for the demand. During your research, you also learn what keywords and descriptions to use for your products.
- Add quality photos with great lighting. Customers like to see what they’re buying. Providing good photos from different angles with good lighting will help customers see the product before they have it in their own hands.
- Price your products competitively. You don’t want your products priced well beyond the range of others. Find a price that matches the quality of your product, yet appeals to the customer.
- Ask for customer feedback. Listen to what customers have to say, and target your ideal customers.
Best Selling Items on Facebook Marketplace 2022
Sellers must stay current on market research. You should always know what is in demand as a business owner.
Living in a digital age, business owners must be flexible. Reaching customers online on a variety of platforms has benefits. Platforms like Facebook Marketplace allow business owners to list their products for sale for free.
Marketplace also provided business owners with different tools to help them reach their preferred customers. With the free listing and resources to increase customers and sales, it’s no secret why Facebook Marketplace seems to be the low-hanging fruit desired by many business owners.
Click here for more details on financing options or call 214-629-7223 or email email@example.com for more information. Or, apply now.
An Outsourced CEO and expert witness, Jim Thomas is the founder and president of Fitness Management USA Inc., a management consulting, turnaround and brokerage firm specializing in the gym and sports industry. With more than 25 years of experience owning, operating and managing clubs of all sizes, Thomas lectures and delivers seminars, webinars and workshops across the globe on the practical skills required to successfully overcome obscurity, improve sales, build teamwork and market fitness programs and products. Visit his Web site at: www.fmconsulting.net or www.youtube.com/gymconsultant.