Personal Trainer Job Description
Overall Responsibility: Train fitness centers members one-on-one according to outlined policies, expectations and responsibilities.
- Create and demonstrate and safe and effective exercise program for members of the fitness centers in accordance to with the personal trainer coordinators and fitness center manager.
- Maintain professional standards among clients. These standards include: punctuality, proper attire and the creation and maintenance of a friendly, safe and motivating training relationship.
- Constantly strive for excellence in the personal training position at the fitness centers. Serve as a knowledgeable and responsible information source to all members.
- Contact and set up initial meeting within two days of receiving information from personal training coordinators
- Properly complete and turn in all paperwork within two days of last training session with clients.
- Train at least two clients at all times unless prior arrangements have been made with personal training coordinators, graduate assistant or fitness center manager.
- Assist in the coordination of yearly Bench Press Championships, Health and Wellness Week and other potential health related programs.
- Attend all personal trainer staff and training meetings.
- Attend all mandatory staff meetings, including continuing education sessions.
- Report to personal trainer coordinators bi – weekly on the progress of client’s and/ or with any training questions.
- Consistently keep up with clients throughout the semester and report to personal trainer coordinator if scheduling problems do occur.
- Client training sessions will be limited to: 3 weeks or 12 sessions (whichever comes first is the last session). NO EXCEPTIONS!
Must maintain a 2.0 G.P.A
Successful completion of Personal Training Course
Hours are very flexible. A minimum of 2 and a maximum of 5 hours per week will be spent training any particular client.