- State: Maryland
- Country: United States
- Listed: December 22, 2016 2:04 pm
- Expires: This ad has expired
Sold * Sold * Sold
IDEAL OPPORTUNITY FOR AN ABSENTEE OR OWNER OPERATOR WITH THIS THRIVING, 20,000+ sf FULL SERVICE FITNESS CLUB LOCATED IN AN AFFLUENT AREA OF MD JUST 30 MINUTES FROM D.C. AND/OR BALTIMORE
1800 members and growing. Voted Best Gym in the area in 2016. Experienced staff and well established systems create smooth, easy and profitable operations.
Most of the Equipment is 3 years old or less. 14 Personal Trainers, Private Pilates Studio, Large Group Exercise and Group Training Departments, Women’s Only Gym area, Steam and Sauna, newly renovated locker rooms. Massage and Physical Therapy.
Asking Price: $1,450,000
Annual Sales: $1,755,000
Cash Flow: $300,000
Business Location: Convenient, well populated and affluent area in suburbs. Located across from a Mall. Major interstate ½ mile.
Business State: Maryland
Number of Active Members: 1800
Facility Square Feet: 22,000
Year Established: 1990
How many Employees: 6 Core employees + part time
Seller Financing Available: Yes
About the Competition: 1 large club and several small studios
Growth Expansion: Lots of opportunity within an easily accessible 10 mile area
Support Training: yes
Reason for selling: Retiring to the Sunbelt!
A Recommendation of Jim Thomas, President of Fitness Management and Consulting
by Norm Cates, Club Insider Publisher and Tribal Leader Since 1993
Jim Thomas is a talented, experienced, dedicated, determined, and very professional expert in the health, racquet and sportsclub industry. A club industry veteran of over 30 years, Jim has been a Club Insider Contributing Author since March of 2006, when he joined our Club Insider Contributing Author Team. During that time Jim has written and contributed 50 articles which have been published during our 284 months of Club Insider publishing. Jim Thomas is a truly great asset to our publication, and to our wonderful industry, and he can be trusted to deliver great results, over and over, no matter what the challenge.
When is it Time to Sell Your Health Club or Gym?
Many factors will tell you when it is time:
- Owner’s “burn out” Owner’s or key employee’s health problems
- Business relocation or rerouting of expressways
- Lease expires and you do not want to renew for another term
- Changing technology Get estate in order
- Not interested in investing long-term capital
- Children do not want to enter family business
- Largest accounts in financial difficulty
- Bank unwilling to renew credit lines
- Supplier problems
- Staff problems
- Customer’s habits changing
- Seeks retirement
- Wants to cash out and go fishing
Whatever the reason, you will need to plan an orderly transition to new ownership with less involvement on your part.
For more info, please call us at 214-629-7223.
Popular Ads Overall
- Great opportunity that won’t last long. Ideal for owner/operator. (off the market) (3762 views)
- Popular Fitness Center for Sale – Owner Retiring (2781 views)
- NEW DEEP PRICE DROP FOR QUICK SALE (2572 views)
- Be the OWNER of your very own gym! (1884 views)
- Tremendous Cash Flow Opportunity For Owner Operator (1272 views)