- City: Charlotte
- State: North Carolina
- Country: United States
- Listed: June 13, 2017 2:47 pm
- Expires: This ad has expired
|What type of club?||Boxing, kickboxing and mixed-martial arts fitness gym.
|What target market do you cater to?
|· Women 25-55, professional and stay at home moms who lead active lives
· Men 18-55, well educated, buy online
· Own homes in contemporary urban and suburban neighborhoods. Children present at homes.
· Households with discretionary income, savvy power shoppers, who are interested in athletic and fitness activities
|What services/amenities/programs do you offer?
|· Boxing, Kickboxing, MMA Group Fitness Classes (Youth and Adult)
· Functional Training Classes
· Brazilian Jiu-jitsu Training Classes (Youth and Adult)
· Women’s Self Defense Classes
· Personal Coaching
|What is the square footage and lease expense?||5450 SF with a monthly lease of $11,272
|What kind of cardio & strength training equipment do you have?||· 30 Heavy Punching Bags and Cage
· 24” Octagon Ring
· Free Weights, Dumbbells, Kettle Bells, Medicine Balls
· Weight Machines, Treadmills and Elliptical Cross-Trainers.
· Artificial Turf Area for Boot-Camp Style Training Classes
· TRX Suspension Training Equipment
|What is the age & condition?||2 years wear, good to excellent condition
|How many membership accounts do you have?
|How many total members do you have?
|What is your average monthly eft draft amount?
|How many prepaid memberships do you have?
|What are your membership prices?
· 12 month contract – Enrollment $99, Monthly $79
· Month to Month – Enrollment $99, Monthly $99
· 12 month contract – Enrollment $99, Monthly $69
· Month to Month – Enrollment $99, Monthly $99
· 1 Person Enrollment Fee: $49, $5 off monthly dues
· 2+ Person Enrollment Fee: $49, $10 off monthly dues
|What type of computer software/billing system do you use?
|How many new members do you sign up in an average month?
|Do you work full-time or part-time in the business and what responsibilities do you cover? What do you pay yourself? What other perks? Other Managers/Staff?
|· Owners do not work full-time in the business. Owner’s wife manages GM on a weekly basis. Owners are not drawing pay.
o We have one General Manager that manages PTE trainers and staff
§ $35,000 salary + commission
|How many employee?
|1 FTE (GM), 8 PTE (Instructors)|
|How many Personal Trainers do you have?||Our instructors include 3 Certified Personal Trainers and 4 Personal Coaches who are belted martial artists.
Instructors are paid per class taught and per personal training session. The scale is as follows:
§ Trigger Point Boxing/Trigger Point Kickboxing/Fight Fit/DUT/MATRX/Kids Class – $20.00 per Class (Main Instructor) or $10 per Class (Assistant Instructor)
§ Advanced Training/BJJ/Fight Team Class – $30.00 per Class
§ Personal Training – 30 min (Boxing/Kickboxing) – $20.00
§ Personal Training – 60 min (Boxing/Kickboxing) – $35.00
§ Monthly Commission*
• 8% of Personal Merchandise sales
• 8% of Personal Training sales
|What is your PT Revenue?||$1,100+/mo
|What are your strengths & areas you could improve in?
§ Brand Name and unique fitness philosophy
§ Solid new General Manager started with us at the beginning of the year. Qualified and Accredited Martial Arts Instructors
§ Value Proposition – Members can take advantage of many fitness classes and instruction for low price vs competitors.
§ Strong Social Media Presence
Areas of Improvement
§ Need more aggressive trainers (lead generation, member recruitment, PC sales)
§ Member Retention
|Why do you want to sell?||Running out of financial runway. Commute is too far. Competing priorities.
A Recommendation of Jim Thomas, President of Fitness Management and Consulting
by Norm Cates, Club Insider Publisher and Tribal Leader Since 1993
Jim Thomas is a talented, experienced, dedicated, determined, and very professional expert in the health, racquet and sportsclub industry. A club industry veteran of over 30 years, Jim has been a Club Insider Contributing Author since March of 2006, when he joined our Club Insider Contributing Author Team. During that time Jim has written and contributed 50 articles which have been published during our 284 months of Club Insider publishing. Jim Thomas is a truly great asset to our publication, and to our wonderful industry, and he can be trusted to deliver great results, over and over, no matter what the challenge.
When is it Time to Sell Your Health Club or Gym?
Many factors will tell you when it is time:
- Owner’s “burn out” Owner’s or key employee’s health problems
- Business relocation or rerouting of expressways
- Lease expires and you do not want to renew for another term
- Changing technology Get estate in order
- Not interested in investing long-term capital
- Children do not want to enter family business
- Largest accounts in financial difficulty
- Bank unwilling to renew credit lines
- Supplier problems
- Staff problems
- Customer’s habits changing
- Seeks retirement
- Wants to cash out and go fishing
Whatever the reason, you will need to plan an orderly transition to new ownership with less involvement on your part.
For more info, please call us at 214-629-7223.
Popular Ads Overall
- Owner says sell! Perfect for owner operator boutique, upscale fitness center (4226 views)
- DO NOT OPEN A FITNESS CENTER (2274 views)
- NEW DEEP PRICE DROP FOR QUICK SALE (2204 views)
- Be the OWNER of your very own gym! (1358 views)
- Great opportunity that won’t last long. Ideal for owner/operator. (1311 views)