Get Alerts by Email Select the refinements and click on the 'Subscribe' button to get daily alerts for the new ads posted that match your search.
Open your own fitness center, health club or gym. No long term contracts – No franchise fees. More support than any franchise in the industry. Usually there are hefty franchise fees, royalties and long-term contracts to pay after buying a successful franchise business. But under Jim Thomas’ proven program these all disappear, saving the new gym owner thousands of dollars per year.
A Recommendation of Jim Thomas, President of Fitness Management and Consulting
by Norm Cates, Club Insider Publisher and Tribal Leader Since 1993
Jim Thomas is a talented, experienced, dedicated, determined, and very professional expert in the health, racquet and sportsclub industry. A club industry veteran of over 30 years, Jim has been a Club Insider Contributing Author since March of 2006, when he joined our Club Insider Contributing Author Team. During that time Jim has written and contributed 50 articles which have been published during our 284 months of Club Insider publishing. Jim Thomas is a truly great asset to our publication, and to our wonderful industry, and he can be trusted to deliver great results, over and over, no matter what the challenge.
When is it Time to Sell Your Health Club or Gym?
Owners of Health Clubs all reach a point in the history of their enterprise when it is time to “hang it up.”
Many factors will tell you when it is time:
- Gym Owner’s “burn out” Owner’s or key employee’s health problems
- Business relocation or rerouting of expressways
- Lease expires and you do not want to renew for another term
- Changing technology Get estate in order
- Not interested in investing long-term capital
- Children do not want to enter family gym business
- Largest accounts in financial difficulty
- Bank unwilling to renew credit lines for gym financing
- Supplier and gym vendor problems
- Staff problems
- Gym member’s habits changing
- Seeks retirement
- Wants to cash out and go fishing
Whatever the reason, you will need to plan an orderly transition to new ownership with less involvement on your part.